AN EXPERIENTIAL BOUTIQUE HOTEL WITH SUPERIOR PERSONALIZED SERVICE
Our property was founded in 2004 by experienced hiking enthusiasts who realized that there was a lot more to starting the AT then most people would think. Now, thirteen years later, Appalachian Trail Thru Hikers from all over the globe visit us each Spring to begin their journey North. However, we are much more than a place for Thru Hikers. Anyone is welcome to come and stay.
Section Hikers, Cyclists, Mountain Bikers and Dahlonega tourists from all walks also enjoy staying with us for our private, scenic location, and dedication to each guest’s needs. In 2017, the Hiker Hostel was acquired by Barefoot Luxury to add to its portfolio of global experiential travel offerings.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m. (no later than 9:30 p.m. for Bunk reservations)
Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
Must be 18 years old to reserve an accommodation
Parking: Parking is included with your reservation. If you require additional parking while overnighting on the trail, a $10 per day advance parking fee applies.
Smoking: We are a nonsmoking hotel
Pets: Trained pets are welcome for those guests booking one of our private cabins. A one time cleaning fee of $50 USD applies. Pets must be under the supervision of the owner at all times, and on a leash in all common areas — including outdoors. Pets are not allowed in the main lodge building.
- Keep your pet on a leash while on the grounds at all times.
- For your pet’s safety, pets are not to be left unattended in the guest cabins.
- Please pick up after your pet.
- We ask dog owners to be mindful of resident wildlife.
- Any damage incurred to the cabin by the pet is the responsibility of the guest.
- Please indicate that you are traveling with a pet in the Notes field when completing your reservation online.
- No more than two animals per cabin.
Deposits: A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the group is due when making your reservation. The remaining balance is due upon arrival. If the aforementioned deposits are not received within the time frame stated, the hold on the rooms will be released.
Cancellations: Cancellations made 7 days or more prior to arrival are entitled to a full refund; cancellations made 72 hours to 6 days prior to arrival are entitled to a 50% refund. Cancellations 72 hours or fewer prior to arrival are non-refundable, non-transferable, and have no credit value. A date change to a reservation is treated as a cancellation and rebooking. Credit for the re-booking shall be given in the same terms as the refund stated above. Date changes made within 7 days of arrival will not have a credit applied to the new booking. Prices on unconfirmed reservations are subject to change at any time without notice. We recommend that you insure against unforeseen circumstances that could necessitate partial or full cancellation of your reservation.
Firearms: It is our company policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms of any kind in any of our domestic hotels.
The only exceptions to this policy are:
- Sworn federal, state or local law enforcement officers while on official business and, when off duty, when required to carry weapons in the jurisdiction by statute, ordinance or rule.
- Insured and/or bonded armored car service employees under contract to the hotel, hotel guests, tenants or concessionaires, when required by law or for insurance.
- Airline flight crew members authorized by federal law who have current and valid credentials issued by the Department of Homeland Security/TSA as Federal Flight Deck Officers (“FFDOs”).
Our rooms do not come with private safes, nor do we maintain any safe deposit boxes at the front desk that can be utilized for the purpose of storing weapons.
It is our intention is simply to provide a reasonable degree of safety and security at all times for every guest, tenant, customer and visitor coming onto our property.
Should a guest, etc., violate this rule, he or she is hereby placed on notice that neither Barefoot Lodge & Hiker Hostel, LLC nor any of its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees or agents will be liable for any theft of any firearm brought into our hotels. Further, any such guest who violates this rule shall INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Barefoot Lodge & Hiker Hostel, LLC and any of its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees or agents found liable for any harm or damages resulting from the presence of that weapon in one of our hotels.
… A BAREFOOT LUXURY PROPERTY
Ambiance, service and the ability to experience all that life has to offer is how we define luxury.
Barefoot Luxury properties, experiences and events are centered on only one thing — you. We want you to enjoy the casual elegance of your accommodations, experience your surroundings to their fullest extent, and savor every moment… until you return again.